The Membership Committee recruits members and supports programs and events that provide development opportunities for HR professionals.
Purpose, Goals and Objectives:
The Membership Committee has a wide variety of opportunities to get involved – this committee features the best networking opportunities. We are looking for fun and outgoing Members who have 1 to 4 hours per month to share the vision of Austin SHRM to HR practitioners in Central Texas!
SHRM Foundation Committee
- The SHRM Foundation champions workforce and workplace transformation by providing...
- research-based HR solutions for challenging inclusion issues facing employees and potential employees
- focuses on key elements for workplace initiatives
- scholarships to educate and develop HR professionals and students to make change happen
- opportunities for HR professionals to make a difference in their local communities.
- The Committee will assist in publicizing, promoting and fundraising for the Foundation
- Create fundraising fun while we gather donations for auctions, door prizes, and raffles.
One of the best Volunteer opportunities in Austin SHRM and a great way to meet and network! As an Ambassador, you will be able to assist with a wide variety of assignments each month. Ambassadors assist with:
- Check in and registration, greeting members at Austin SHRM in-person meetings and events. Host and welcome at virtual events.
- Call and email new members to welcome them to Austin SHRM. You can be the face and voice of Austin SHRM- “How can we help you make the most of your Membership?”
- Membership renewal calls.
- Representing Austin SHRM at monthly meetings and Happy Hour/Networking Events-Engage and have fun is our motto!
- We are Austin SHRM-We reach out to all Member and Prospective Members
- Promote the SHRM Foundation. Whether in person at events, or promote fundraising and raffle tickets, we share information that benefits HR everywhere.
- Reach out to members who have not been active to re-engage.
- Assist with creating communications of Membership information and special Member events.
- Want to be a Membership Roving Reporter? Our Members want to know each other. Share a quick interview thought from one Member to the entire Membership on Austin SHRM's website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Professional and Social Forums. We can share encourage the benefits of membership.
Membership-We have the premiere volunteer opportunities for you!
Interested in getting involved, making a difference, AND having fun?
If you are interested in serving on this committee, please reach out to Tracy Letulle, VP of Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.