The Membership Committee recruits members and supports programs and events that provide development opportunities for HR professionals.
Purpose, Goals and Objectives:
- The Membership Committee is dedicated to an effective membership process that strives to promote inclusion and engagement of members.
- Increase membership value and member satisfaction through a wide variety of engagement opportunities.
- Achieve Super-Mega (1000+ member chapter) status with SHRM while achieving 65% chapter member participation in SHRM.
- Develop PEG’s (Professional Emphasis Groups) to enrich opportunities for learning, networking and collaboration among specialized HR professionals.
- Create learning, networking and volunteer opportunities to engage the membership of AHRMA and our partner organizations.
- Support and drive fundraising efforts for the SHRM Foundation.
The Membership Committee has a wide variety of opportunities to get involved – even if you have just one hour per month! In addition, if you are looking to increase your leadership experience, we currently have a Chair position available.
SHRM Foundation Chair (4 hours per month)
- The SHRM Foundation champions workforce and workplace transformation by providing...
o research-based HR solutions for challenging inclusion issues facing employees and potential employees.
o focus on the aging workforce and military
o scholarships to educate and develop HR professionals and students to make change happen.
o opportunities for HR professionals to make a difference in their local communities.
- The chair will assist in publicizing, promoting and fundraising for the Foundation
- Recruit and organize a group of volunteers to create fundraising events to support the Foundation
- Host multiple fundraising events, including the Silent Auction at the annual AHRMA Conference
- Seek donations for raffle items at the monthly meetings
Ambassadors (1 –2 hours per month)
- Represent AHRMA at monthly meetings and Happy Hour/Networking events by welcoming new members and engaging potential and current members
- Phone new members within one week of joining to welcome and encourage involvement/invite to next event
- Help with check-in at AHRMA events
- Sell raffle tickets at the monthly meetings to support the SHRM Foundation
- Reach out to members who have not been active to re-engage
- Contact members to renew membership during annual membership drive (November – January)
Membership Communications (1-2 hours per month)
- In coordination with the AHRMA VP Communication, assist with communication of Membership information and events
- Write blogs, articles or content for AHRMA's website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional and Social Forums to encourage membership