Place of Business:
Texas Hospital Association
This is a part time, position 20-25 hours per week. Responsible for assisting with supporting the administration of the THA Retirement Plans. Process monthly and lump sum pension payments. Answer participant questions relating to pension payments as needed. Provide administrative assistance to the VP as needed on projects.
• The position requires problem-solving, independent and collaborative interaction, multi-tasking, and organization.
• Accurately review and complete required forms prepared by third-party for all participants terminating employment, retiring, deceased, disabled and in-service withdrawals for the participating hospitals in the THA Retirement Plan system.
• Process and manage the distribution of benefit payments and expenses for the Retirement Plan system using in house Access data base.
• Review and resolve problems for pension annuitants and THA Retirement Plan participants. (Currently 1,000+ pension annuitants and 12,000+ participants).Work with Benefits Analyst, third party administrator and VP to complete work timely and accurately.
• Provide administrative support to the Actuary of THA Retirement Plan system (i.e., benefit distributions, hospital contributions, deferrals, new monthly annuitants, deaths).
• Process expense reports for VP
• Process, file distribution paperwork and perform additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Human Resources degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Two-five years’ work experience in fast paced office environment. Must be highly organized, resourceful and have a strong attention to detail.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
• Excellent MS Word and Excel Skills
• Power Point skills preferred
Click here to apply.