Place of Business:
The Holdsworth Center
About the Organization:
The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman of H-E-B, a regional retail company. Our mission is to impact, over time, the quality of K-12 public education for all Texas students by supporting and developing leaders. We are guided by three core values—Be of Service, Believe in People, and Drive for Excellence & Equity. Based in Austin, Texas, our campus and programs are being developed in honor of Charles’ mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt, who was an educator, a philanthropist and a lifelong champion for social justice.
We partner with public school districts over five years to help them grow outstanding leaders at all levels so that staff thrive, and students excel in every classroom. At Holdsworth, we believe leadership isn’t just about titles. We make a deep investment in leaders at both the district and campus levels, including teachers who lead students in the classroom and influence and lead their colleagues.
We are seeking a Director of Human Resources who shares a deep commitment to our mission and whose experience and vision will deepen our capacity and enhance our impact as we strive to serve public school districts across the state of Texas. At Holdsworth, we believe that good work starts with good people, and we value team members that thrive on pushing ideas further through feedback, collaboration and iteration.
About the Position:
The Director of HR, reporting to the President, will play a critical role in ensuring that The Holdsworth Center attracts, retains, and develops a world-class team. The Director of HR will serve as a strategic adviser to the President and a member of the senior team, overseeing all aspects of a strategic talent management system and related human resource functions.
In alignment with strengths and skills, the Director of HR will:
- Oversee, evaluate, and continuously improve all strategic talent management capabilities including annual performance review systems (evaluation, individual development plans, etc.), talent planning cycle, including succession planning organization-wide training and development programs, compensation and incentive programs for all employees, including compensation analyses and benchmarking, consistent, rigorous recruitment and -selection processes, employee on-boarding and off-boarding)
- Lead the recruitment and selection processes for critical positions
- Support human capital related change management efforts
- Support the continued development of a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment
- Maintain and deepen a healthy, productive, and engaged culture to strengthen retention and support recruitment
- Provide coaching and thought partnership to senior leaders and others, as needed
- Analyze human capital data and trends to inform organizational systems and policies
- Oversee the benefit programs, including open enrollment, relationship with PEO and continued development of benefit offerings
- Manage employee handbook, ensuring compliance to all local, state, and federal employment regulations, including overseeing any HR-related trainings and leaves of absence
- Oversee and manage payroll process and HRIS, including managing relevant vendors
- Serve as Ombudsman for the organization and assist with employee concerns- May manage 1-2 staff members
- Manage and execute special projects and other duties, as assigned
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume here, including a list of 5 professional references (to be contacted at a later time). Please include in your letter information detailing your interest in this position and how your experience will contribute to the work of The Holdsworth Center. Please submit your information for consideration by July 24, 2020. The compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary as well as benefits and vacation. The position is located in Austin, Texas.
We will contact those candidates who most closely match the requirements. We thank you in advance for your interest.
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Desirable candidates will have a range of prior experience and capabilities to include:
- 7-10+ years of progressively responsible experience in HR/talent management
- 2-3+ years of experience serving as a strategic partner to an organizational leadership team and experience supporting organization-wide strategic talent management
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or certification a plus
- Demonstrated agility, creativity and time management required to design new systems in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated competence in leading change
- Strong ‘helicopter thinking’—ability to see and contribute to the big picture strategy and lead the careful design of details
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience using metrics and analytics to identify organizational strengths and weaknesses and create talent driven solutions
- Experience in a non-profit organization is a plus, but not required