Place of business:
Austin Regional Clinic
Austin Regional Clinic has been voted a top Central Texas employer by our employees for over 10 years! We are one of central Texas’ largest professional medical groups with 25+ locations and we are continuing to grow. We offer the following benefits to eligible team members: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Time Off, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Child Care Assistance, Health & Fitness, Sick Child Care Assistance and Development. Click here for more information about us.
Provides strategic Human Resources services and guidance to multiple Company departments and functional areas. Serves as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues. Responsible for overall coordination and administration of HR programs, policies and procedures in the HR functional areas. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
- Supports the purpose, mission and strategies of the Company by providing quality and innovative human resources services through effective business partnerships.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Helps foster making company a Top Workplace and create ongoing and proactive dialogue with employees.
- Proactively partners with leaders to identify issues early on. Provides guidance, counsel and support to employees and managers on problem resolution, policy and work practice interpretation and other related areas.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Coaches management on planning and communications related to change management initiatives.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Interviews job applicants and evaluates applicant skills and makes recommendations regarding applicant’s qualifications. Extends employment offers. Assists recruiters when needed.
- Develops and maintains relationship with employment agencies, universities, and other recruitment sources. Attends career fairs and manages internship programs.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of the employee handbook. Coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Participates in the interpretation of and compliance with state and federal laws and regulations as they pertain to the Human Resources activities and responsibilities. Develops, implements and coordinates policies, procedures and programs. Ensures that all activities are conducted in compliance with relevant federal, state, and local regulations, internal company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for managing leaves of absences, accommodations, and workers’ compensation.
- Studies and analyzes salaried and hourly jobs and prepares position descriptions in standardized form. Reviews recommended changes in wages and salaries for conformance to policy and to ensure internal/external equity. Provides appropriate training and counsel to departmental supervisors/managers in regard to company policy, procedures, and practices.
- Assists with gathering and responding to charges and/or complaints.
- Adheres to all company policies, including but not limited to, OSHA, HIPAA, compliance and Code of Conduct.
- Regular and dependable attendance.
- Follows the core competencies set forth by the Company, which are available for review on CMSweb.
- Reviews the work of the Human Resources Assistant and other support personnel as appropriate.
- Complies with all CMS safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisors and/or Safety Coordinator.
- Coordinates and participates in compensation surveys as needed.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Conducts orientation sessions for new employees to explain personnel policies, compensation, and benefit programs.
- Maintains employee files and records, assures completeness of files.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Performs specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested.
- Provides on-the-job training to new employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: One (1) or more year of experience working in a Human Resources department or related experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management or related area.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Certificate/License: Human Resources certification preferred.
- In-depth understanding of current federal, state, and local employment/labor laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of effective Human Resources methods and practices.
- Speak clearly and distinctly; write reports; and read work-related instructions, rules and procedures in English.
- Exercise independent judgment.
- Utilize strategies that address both short-term requirements and long-term Company needs.
- Ability to engage others, listen and adapt response to meet others’ needs.
- Ability to align own actions with those of other team members committed to common goals.
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills, including familiarity with Windows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to understand, recall, and communicate, factual information.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule.
Click here to apply.