Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Few careers allow you to challenge yourself professionally while you give back to meaningful individuals, like a favorite teacher or school bus driver. Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) manages retirement and healthcare plans for nearly 1.6 million public education professionals and we are growing. That growth means adding to talented teams who are dedicated to keeping the Trust financially healthy for a long time to come.
As the Trust Fund grows toward $200 billion over the next few years, we are looking to hire only the most talented, motivated and diverse people who align with TRS’ core values and culture of trust. For more on TRS’ Value to All Texans, click on this link.
What You Will Do:
· Processes and reviews automated and manual employee payrolls, including regular, lump sum, and hourly payrolls in compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Maintains appropriate payroll processing controls and assists with setups of deductions, garnishments, voluntary deductions, terminations, W-4’s, direct deposits, including returned monies and payment cancellations.
· Prepares and processes the monthly/yearly overtime and vacation lump sum entries for payroll processing.
· Maintains, audits and reconciles leave without pay (LWOP), return to work retiree, and hourly reports.
· Communicates with agency staff, Comptroller’s Office, Employee Retirement System (ERS), and the State Auditor’s Officer to research, explain, and/or resolve complex payroll, leave, or retirement-related questions, issues, and problems.
· Develops and maintains appropriate internal controls to ensure proper deductions and distribution of money collected for deferred compensation, flexible benefit programs, child support payments, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) levies, and other deductions.
· Processes and audits timekeeping records for accuracy and to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and agency regulations, policies and procedures.
· Oversees weekly processing of timesheets including maintaining employee and department weekly timesheets, ensuring timesheets are submitted in a timely manner, researching, calculating and correcting time balances, and identifying and finding resolution for timesheet setups or calculation issues.
· Audits weekly timesheets and daily exception upload report to ensure accuracy of time reported and adjusts employee records accordingly.
· Processes and verifies prior state service requests of agency employees for longevity and vacation benefits.
· Coordinates month-end and fiscal year-end close leave accounting process.
· Processes and audits agency awarded time including donated sick hours, military hours, and administrative leave.
· Researches and reconciles discrepancies in employee leave balances and leads audits of time records.
· Researches and advises on leave policies, regulations, and statutes on a State, Federal and International level.
· Provides assistance to employees and/or department timekeepers with functionality and procedural questions or issues in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and State and Federal statutes and regulations.
· Oversees monthly distribution of leave accounting correspondence and reports.
Departmental Support – 15%:
· Provides back-up support to payroll and benefits staff, and assists other Accounting Teams on special projects, such as the Financial System Replacement (FSR) project or other program updates.
· Reviews and recommends changes to employee payroll and benefits policies, procedures, forms, and processes.
· Provides training and technical assistance to payroll, benefits, and other agency staff on employee payroll, leave, and other benefits related regulations, policies, procedures, and systems.
· Assists with ensuring that all operations are covered and productivity, customer service, and quality goals are met.
· Performs related work as assigned.
What You Will Bring
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or a related field.
· High school diploma or equivalent and additional payroll, benefits, accounting, financial analysis, or related work experience may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year-for-year basis.
· Four (4) years of full-time payroll, accounting, financial analysis, or related experience requiring compilation, reconciliation, and analysis of detailed financial information.
· Two (2) years of full-time employee leave administration and time and labor processing.
· Experience may be concurrent.
Salary: $4,023 - $6,579/month
Click here to apply.