Place of Business:
Viva Day Spa
LIVE LIFE LOVE LIFE
We're seeking a hands-on Director of Human Resources for our vibrant Austin-based day + med spa. If being the best part of each other’s day gets you out of bed in the morning and you possess a proven track record of leading full cycle HR functions for a fast-paced company while managing and developing a strong, inclusive team, read on.
You'll report to our VP of Operations, and as our Director of HR, you will be one of the senior leaders and heart of the culture, where you'll provide human resource leadership and strategic planning to all operational departments in support of our culture, core values, policies, and programs. You'll champion DEIB and ensure our amazingly talented people are offered the best possible work culture.
Viva is an Austin-based day spa + med spa with three locations, with a fourth opening this summer! We are industry trailblazers in the beauty and wellness sphere with a 19 year proven track record with over 1 million services performed. We attribute much of our success to our incredible employees and are firm believers in caring for the talented people who, in turn, care for our guests.
Voted Best Day Spa by the Austin Chronicle, Austin Monthly, Austin Young Chamber of Commerce, and we're extremely proud to have been ranked Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal four times.
Our incredible team is a testament to our most important values, including providing a happy and prosperous employee experience by maintaining a safe and nurturing place to work, along with a fun & caring culture, and a growing list of competitive benefits.
Essential Duties and / or Responsibilities:
You'll lead and scale the HR dept including managing internal team, external resources, systems, dept budget, initiatives, and KPIs, and you will be a trusted strategic, human capital business advisor to the Leadership Team.
You'll champion and facilitate continual DEIB initiatives, and foster a safe, nourishing & upbeat culture; and you'll ensure...
- the very best people are in all the right positions;
people have the very best resources and opportunities; and
you'll provide exceptional, high touch support for a meaningful full lifecycle employee experience, where our incredibly talented people are committed to our mission and vision; and
- you’ll be the best part of each other’s day by exhibiting Viva's Core Values of Authenticity, Excellence at Every Touchpoint, 360 Degrees of Caring, and Doing the Right thing.
- You'll lead and scale all HR functions for the entire employment lifecycle including onboarding, continuous employee engagement & retention, training & dev, career pathing, performance management, people marketing, and compensation, etc.
- provide leadership on people-related issues and policies; and you'll handle sensitive, complex employee matters, TWC claims, etc.; and
- partner with Leadership to understand and execute the HR & overall talent strategy;
- analyze trends, research, and propose competitive pay & benefits programs to attract and retain top talent;
proactively recruit, and oversee and support hiring managers and ensure optimized hiring plans;
- provide support & guidance when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; administer and execute routine tasks for delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations;
- respond to unemployment and worker's compensation claims;
- process payroll and work with HR Coordinator to address employee payroll issues;
- manage HR systems (ADP), and HR records, employee handbook, and company benefits, and maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws & regulations, and recommend best practices to maintain compliance and scalability;
- maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law;
- and other job functions as determined
What you’ll bring to Viva:
- A true desire to be the best part of each other’s day
Proven ability to navigate employee relations with confidentiality, empathy and good judgment
- Growth mindset with passion to grow and develop self and others
- Service-focused passion for wellness, and luxury day & med spa services
-Self-motivated, directed, organized, and able to self manage and prioritize shifting priorities
- 7+ years' of HR experience and in leading HR teams, ideally in high growth, fast-paced companies
- Proven experience implementing performance management plans and feedback
- Full cycle recruitment experience
- Deep understanding of how to develop leaders and managers
- Champion of employee engagement and DEIB
- Experience in sales positions and recruiting in the Austin, TX market preferred
- Experience developing & managing effective compensation, benefits, reward, and recognition programs
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and - confidentiality
- Reliability and consistent attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position
Education & Technical Requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters in Business, Organizational Development or Human Resources preferred
- SHRM SCP CP or SPHR or PHR certification preferred
- Proficiency with ADP software, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google Drive; and Slack
- Preferred prior experience migrating payroll systems and scaling HR functions in rapid growth environment
- Thorough knowledge of Texas and National labor laws,
- HR compliance and legal considerations
- Exceptional spoken, written, typing + grammar skills
Your general abilities:
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Able to see and hear so as to effectively talk on the phone, work on a computer, and work with individuals and groups both digitally and in person
- Competitive pay
- Competitive and Flexible Health, Dental & Vision Benefit Plans
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 3 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 2% Matching 401K
- Solid Managerial/Leadership Operational Framework
- Ongoing Learning Opportunities
- Deep Discounts on Services and Products
- Free Medical Spa Services
- CEU Reimbursement
- Laptop provided
- AT&T Phone plan coverage
- The most awesome co-workers you can imagine!
BE HERE NOW.
If spreading love by serving people makes your heart skip a beat, and you value Authenticity, Excellence at Every Touchpoint, Doing the Right Thing, and 360 Degrees of Excellence, and - like us, you encourage creativity, initiative, high accountability, collaboration and playfulness, YOU BELONG HERE.
Click here to apply.