The Legal and Legislative Committee
Click here to view the Presentation Slides from Legal Presentation, Legal Considerations for Return to Work, on 05.13.2020.
The Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee provides services to keep AHRMA members informed of the status of key legal issues that affect the human resource management field. These include the following:
- Legislative Action Day, offering a meeting of legal sessions featuring local attorneys;
- Legal updates during the monthly lunch meetings;
- Trips to the Capitol to discuss legislation of interest to HR with legislators;
- Blogging participation by local attorneys.
The Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee also works with the Texas SHRM to ensure that the views and concerns of AHRMA members are well represented in Congress and the media.
- Legislative Action Day - Legislative Action Day is a meeting of sessions organized around legal issues and legislative affairs featuring local attorneys informing, promoting, and supporting relevant HR issues. This includes coordinating potential presenters, publicity announcements, speaker hosts, and meeting day coordinators for Round Table Topics, Legislative Action Day, AHRMA monthly meeting sessions, and other events.
- Legal and Legislative Affairs - Researches and contacts potential presenters for Round Table Topics, Legislative Action Day, AHRMA monthly meeting sessions, and other events. Coordinates publicity announcements, speaker hosts, and meeting day coordinators.
- Legislative Forum - Creates submissions to the BLOG about new and/or changing legislation.
- Legal Updates - Attorney Members present legal updates at every monthly meeting. Topics are presented during the general session of every meeting.
- Social Media Updates - LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook updates on all legal and legislative topics. A great remote Volunteer opportunity.