Develop your career.
Enhance your experience and expertise!
Are you ready to earn your HR certification?
If you’re planning to take the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) certification exam, AHRMA’s fourteen-week course will prepare you with the information you need to pass the exam. Through expert instruction and peer discussion with other HR professionals from around the Austin area, you will gain valuable knowledge that will prepare you for your exam. The program curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™).
For SHRM exam requirements and dates, visit www.SHRMcertification.org.
Who Should Sign Up:
- Current and aspiring HR practitioners who want to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to enhance their employee experience
- New or experienced people leaders interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- Learn the essential roles and responsibilities of human resource professionals
- Become familiar with human resource-related laws, compliance and liability issues
- Develop strategies for recruiting the best employees and successfully on-boarding and training them
- Gain an overview of various compensation and benefits systems
Why Take the AHRMA Study Group:
- These days you can’t browse through HR job postings without seeing the inevitable “Certification Required”. Most mid to senior-level HR job postings request a preference for candidates with an HR certification.
- According to a survey done by Payscale, senior HR professionals who are certified make up to 20K more than their non-certified counterparts.
- Join 96,000 SHRM certified professionals, the fastest-growing HR certification community. The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP are the most widely-taken HR exams in the world.
- Taking the AHRMA Certification Study Group:
- Keeps you accountable for learning the material
- Gives you access to experienced instructors who know the content and the exam structure, and can help you prepare. Each class is taught by an instructor from the local Austin HR Community.
- Allows you to learn from and build relationships with other local HR professionals, who are all committed to showing up each week, supporting each other, and sharing their own expertise in class.
*SHRM requires specific educational and work experience in order to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam. Learn more on the SHRM website.
Dates: The class runs from February 5th – May 15th, skipping the week of March 19th for Spring Break.
Time: Tuesdays, 6 PM - 9 PM
Location: Duo Works, 8920 Business Park Dr. Suite #250 Austin, TX 78759
Duo Works is a professional co-working, office and meeting space for the small business, corporate remote worker, and entrepreneur. Duo Works mission is to provide a collaborative and creative environment to work, build, grow and create. Duo Works is located in North Austin at the intersection of Highway 1 and 183 and owned and operated by two local HR experts. Visit Duo Works for more information about the space.
Cost: $500 for AHRMA members, $600 for non-members.**
**Participants must also purchase the SHRM Learning System. We encourage you to WAIT and order the 2019 learning material which will be available online starting mid-December of 2018.
For more information about the AHRMA Certification Study Group, email firstname.lastname@example.org.