If you’re planning to take the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) certification exam, the Certificate in Human Resources Management provides the information you need to pass these exams. The program curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). You will receive high-quality exam preparation through expert instruction from fellow Austin HR professionals and peer discussion. Upon completion of the program, you will also have increased knowledge and confidence to contribute to company success by aligning HR processes with organizational goals.
For SHRM exam requirements and dates, visit www.shrm.org.
Who Should Enroll:
- Current and aspiring HR practitioners who want to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- Learn the essential roles and responsibilities of human resource professionals
- Become familiar with human resource-related laws and compliance and liability issues
- Develop strategies for recruiting the best employees and successfully on-boarding and training them
- Gain an overview of various compensation and benefits systems
We recommend a minimum of two years of human resources experience. Be aware that, in order to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria. Learn more on the SHRM website.
02/13/2018 to 05/22/2018
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Austin Dispute Resolution Center
AHRMA Member – $500.00
Non-Member – $600.00
Does not include the cost of the SHRM Learning System. Please note that the SHRM Learning System textbooks are required for the AHRMA Certification Study Group.
Students must purchase the SHRM Learning System as it contains multiple resources that will be instrumental in your success on the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam including pre/post tests, flashcards, Smart Study Guide, as well as learning module books (also available as downloadable e-reader files).
The SHRM Learning System can be purchased on the SHRM learning site for $695 (SHRM member price) or $885 (non-SHRM member price).
USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES
Attendance and participation in AHRMA events constitutes an agreement by the attendee to AHRMA’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, and/or electronic reproductions. Images and videos may be used on the AHRMA website, social media and for other purposes. Attendees waive, release and forever discharge AHRMA from and against claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of attendee’s image.