Place of Business:
Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
Apply to Job ID # 115262
Job closes on September 19, 2019 at 11.59 pm. Application must be submitted before closing date to be considered.
The Texas Department of Transportation is actively scouting for talent that is creative, innovative and energetic to take on the challenges of attracting and retaining Human Capital, through multi-faceted D&I programs, pioneering approaches and proven best practices.
10-20% overnight travel.
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- 5 years in Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, Civil Rights, Business Admin., EEO Programs or related activities
- (Experience can be satisfied by full-time or prorated part-time equivalent)
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education on a year per year basis.
Assists in the development, coordination and implementation of the Diversity and Inclusion strategy and other workforce diversity and cultural awareness programs for the Department. Performs high-level professional, administrative and/or consultative work within a highly specialized program. Assists with developing a vision and framework that fosters change, supporting our Department’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion philosophy and concepts. Work requires extensive contact with the public and other Department employees including supervisors, managers and executives. Work may require travel. Employees at this level establish their own work plan and priorities to meet set objectives. Issues are rarely referred to the supervisor but are handled at the occurrence.
- May translate documents in writing from English to Spanish and Spanish to English and provide verbal interpretive services to the public in Spanish.
- May make presentations in English and Spanish to senior management and other groups on Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and achievements and provides updates on program status, goals and achievements.
- Works with Recruiting, Workforce Development, and Workforce Analysis to integrate Diversity and Inclusion initiatives into overall talent and learning agendas.
- Assists with championing the Diversity and Inclusion change process into best practices.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal customers, external stakeholders, and outside organizations to further Diversity and Inclusion efforts.
- Partners with Human Resources, Communications Division and leadership to assist in developing, coordinating, and implementing department wide Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Attends various departmental meetings, conferences, and trainings to keep abreast of global and cultural awareness strategies in the area of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Assists in Diversity and Inclusion training regarding Diversity and Inclusion programs, and organizes and facilitates workshops/seminars on Diversity and Inclusion issues and activities.
- May represent Department on interagency groups, technical committees, or special task force groups and serves as a liaison with other governmental entities and maintains currency in Diversity and Inclusion related activities.
- Maintains metrics and prepares periodic reports for measuring D & I efforts.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to guide and provide counsel to others, including applying tact and diplomacy with others to gain cooperation and trust and respect.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations with strict deadlines with extreme attention to detail and the ability to adapt successfully and quickly change and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Think strategically and to establish business strategies with a long-term focus.
- Effectively organize and prioritize work demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, stakeholders and outside organizations and individuals.
- Statistical analysis methodologies and reporting procedures.
- Diversity and Inclusion programs and practices.
- Making presentations, facilitating employee groups, and influencing others.
- Developing, interpreting and implementing policies, procedures and technical information.
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems; using Microsoft Office including (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and using SharePoint.
Salary: $63,104.00 - $103,491.00
Click here to apply.