Place of Business:
BigCommerce is looking for a Payroll Specialist to deliver global payroll administration. Under general direction from the Senior Director, People Operations & Talent Acquisition, this position is responsible for execution of all tasks necessary to accomplish BigCommerce’s payroll administration objectives as well as supporting employee data management activities in HRIS systems. This position serves as the point of contact for payroll and related HR Policy execution.
What You’ll Do
Who You Are:
- Administer global payroll for approximately 700 employees (hourly, non-exempt, exempt, commissioned) in multiple payroll systems in a PEO payroll environment. Includes: processing of employee changes, record maintenance, time and attendance system management, etc. to ensure accuracy and timely execution.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by producing accurate payrolls and keeping information confidential.
- Responding in a professional manner to questions from employees and managers regarding payroll with a high sense of urgency.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Oversee administration of annual salary review process.
- Oversee annual audit cycle for payroll process.
- Administer FMLA and LOA transactions, job change workflow approvals and terminations in HRIS.
- Audit payroll data to ensure accurate payment of compensation and ensure charges applied to correct cost center.
- Superannuation & assignment of auditing
- Other projects as assigned.
- 3 years' HR Systems/Global Payroll experience ideally in a high-tech environment, global/multi-location experience preferred.
- CPP Certification preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS, Payroll, Compensation and processes.
- Experience with Bamboo HR & Insperity preferred.
- Solid international knowledge of payroll-related laws especially for the Australia, & United Kingdom
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures.
- Exceptional client relationship skills.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to synthesize data and develop insights.
- Advanced excel skills.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Click here to apply.