Place of Business:
Farm Credit Bank of Texas
Who We Are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
Manages the operational activities of the payroll function for the Farm Credit Bank and District Associations. Responsible for developing and maintaining payroll and payroll accounting procedures. Ensures compliance with SOX. Supervises payroll staff.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
What You Bring to the Team:
- Supervises the HR Specialist and Payroll Administrator.
- Manages daily work activities and assigns work; organizes and prioritizes department workload; monitors status of work in progress; and inspects completed work.
- Ensures compliance with SOX by developing payroll controls and executing control processes.
- Establishes and maintains the Payroll related SOX Control Narratives.
- Oversees internal and external audits related to payroll and SOX.
- Oversees the Texas administration of the HRIS and Time Tracking systems.
- Oversees the reconciliation of all payroll and benefits general ledger accounts.
- Oversees the department and Bank salary budget process.
- Manages internal customer relationships, vendor relationships and service contracts.
- Skillful in handling difficult or highly sensitive situations with highest level of integrity and discretion.
- Monitors wage and hour laws and keeps informed of new and changed laws and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent experience and five (5) or more years of payroll experience and two (2) or more years of supervisory experience. Strong knowledge of GAAP required. CPP certified a plus.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of laws and regulations relating to wage and hour disciplines.
- This position must be able to lead, control, organize and plan day-to-day work operations of the payroll function with minimal direction.
- Good oral and written communications ability is required.
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. We offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
Salary: Dependent on experience
Click here to apply.