Place of Business:
Tiff’s Treats Cookie Delivery is an extremely fast-growing company out of Austin, TX with over 45 retail locations in Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee with more to come this year!
The HR Generalist will provide direct HR consultation and representation for all stores. They will closely partner with the District Managers to ensure that they are plugged into the current needs, movement and any issues within their districts.
Additionally, this position will provide direct day to day benefits consultation and administration for all Tiff’s Treats employees. This position will address inquiries about company insurance, ensure that employees receive the proper benefits package and follow up with health care providers and insurance brokers, and other duties as directed by management.
This position will report to the HR Manager and will work very closely with the HR Manager and Director of HR to execute day to day Human Resources and Benefits needs across the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists HR Manager and Director of HR with investigations into employee complaints and performance issues – keeping records and tracking all escalated issues for legal purposes
- Assist Store Managers and District Managers with employee issues, and coaching as needed
- Assist Store Managers and District Managers with drafting appropriate disciplinary action in line with Tiff’s Treats policy
- Responsible for administration of Tiff’s Treats Worker’s Compensation plan including assisting employees with locating a covered provider, filing Worker’s Compensation Claims and working with medical providers as well as insurance company to ensure all information has been received
- Responsible for administration of Tiff’s Treats Paid Time Off policy for all salaried and corporate hourly employees
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all OHSA regulations and filing including Form 300 and 300A completion and filing
- Responsible for administration of all employee benefits which includes but is not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance
- Must oversee the administration of leave of absence policies including company specific policies, Maternity leave, Military Leave and FMLA
- Supervises maintenance of enrollment and cancellation records for all benefit plans
- Examines and explains complex benefits related concepts in a manner which is accessible to all employee levels. Acts a liaison with all vendors to address issues related to errors on benefit load reports, billing, and employee Q&A
- Ability to prepare and develop communication and educational materials regarding the benefits package for all employees while providing special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans.
- Report any issues, trends, and/or challenges associated with eligibility and/or benefit to Management.
- Ensures compliance and consistency with company policies, as well as State, Federal agencies including ACA, HIPAA, ADA, IRS, DOL, insurance commissioners and other regulatory bodies
- Assists with Human Resource administrative tasks as needed
- Additional benefits duties may be assigned as needed
- Work in-store as needed on busy holidays such as (but not limited to) Boss's Day, Admin Pro Day, Mother's/Teacher's Week, Valentine's Day and December holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or business preferred or related field (Preferred)
- At least 5 years general Human Resources experience in a fast paced multi location business (Required)
- At least 2 years of in-depth, hands-on benefit experience (Required)
- At least 2 years of in-depth, hands on open-enrollment experience (Required)
- Experience using an HRIS system for Benefits Administration (Highly Preferred)
- A broad knowledge of health and welfare insurance plans, and the ability to administer benefits in a large organization (1,000 employees or more)/multi-location employer (Preferred)
- Experience working for organization(s) that instituted self-insured plans
- Familiarity and understanding of healthcare laws, regulations and standards in regards to the Affordable Care Act and other healthcare reform legislation (Required)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of full range of employee benefit options, including self-funded plans, various plan designs, pricing and processing, and benefit contracts (Required)
- Willingness to Travel as needed for open-enrollment (Required)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Outstanding communication skills with all levels of customers, candidates, peers and management
- Ability to self-motivate to complete and prioritize assigned tasks within a timely manner
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
Click here to apply.