Place of Business:
Whole Foods Market
Responsible for consulting with and advising organizational leaders and Team Members on TM relations and other related issues within an assigned client group or groups. Assesses and anticipates Team Member, Team Leader, and related organizational needs and works across TMS departments to develop and deliver integrated solutions. Works with leadership to adapt and apply TMS initiatives and programs in a manner that supports local business needs. Serves as the client face of TMS, acting as an interface and liaison with other TMS groups (including Recruiting, Team Member / Team Leader Development, Compensation, Benefits, HRIS) as well as the Legal organization. Ensures compliance with corporate policies, government regulations and statutory requirements.
- Supports assigned organizations through provision of and / or advice relating to various TMS functions and processes, including:
- Performance management, talent assessment, and Team Member development,
- Team Member relations,
- HRIS input and update,
- Compensation and benefits,
- Diversity and inclusion,
- Succession and replacement planning.
- Ensures all processes associated with payroll, new hire, transfer and termination transactions are accurate and up-to-date.
- Responsible for Team Members’ communication, education and advice on all TMS programs and systems.
- Provides excellent customer service to all Team Members.
- Recommends system and process improvements for related TMS functions.
- Builds consensus and resolves internal disputes on TMS policy and practice decisions.
- Partners with Global TMS teams on special projects and assignments.
- Provides local support for global programs and initiatives.
- Influences others to behave in an ethical manner.
- Ensures compliance and proper application of all federal, state, and local laws, including FMLA, I-9, SOX, and FLSA.
- Ensures client understanding of and compliance with applicable company policies / practices.
- Ensures all legal and employment postings are visible and current.
- Maintains an open-door policy for all Team Members.
- Maintains and oversees Team Members’ files.
- Fulfills TMS responsibilities associated with all parts of the unemployment process, including responding to claims, appeals, and participating in hearings.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources concepts, practices, programs, and methodologies.
- Understands company Human Resources policies, practices, and expectations.
- Understands and is able to apply parameters of labor issues including FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, and Leaves of Absence.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local Human Resources regulations and how these affect and are applied within WFM.
- Working knowledge of HRMS systems and programs.
- Strong skills in change management.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Kronos, Workday, and other HRIS.
- Builds engaging relationships with stakeholders through trust, teamwork, and direct communication.
- Tailors communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Provides first point of contact for leadership and / or Team Member questions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Communicates and demonstrates support for TMS decisions even if not consistent with own point of view.
- Makes sound decisions based on available information.
- Gathers, consolidates, and analytically processes information.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of statistics, research methods, measurement concepts, and metrics.
- Engages in preliminary analysis of collected data and reports findings to senior TMS Team Members / Team Leaders.
- Analyzes data and reports findings and trends.
- Possesses clear understanding of business objectives of WFM and supported region / stores.
- Understands how effective people and organization management systems can differentiate WFM from the competition.
- Understands the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations.
- Team-player with a positive attitude.
- Works effectively with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings, and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- Adheres to the WFM principles and core values.
- Displays strong levels of customer service
- Ability to independently facilitate tm training on various TMS and related topics.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- HR certification, aPHR, PHR, or SHRM-CP highly preferred
- Experience in HRIS tools (Workday is a Plus)
- HR analytics background preferred
Click here to apply.