Place of Business:
Disability Rights Texas
Disability Rights Texas invites qualified and interested persons to apply for its Human Resources Director position. This full time position will be based in Austin, Texas and report to the organization’s Executive Director. For more information on this position and how to apply, see below.
About the Position
The Human Resources Director is responsible for the agency’s human resources strategic planning, management and daily operations, including:
• employment practices and policies;
• recruitment, staffing and retention;
• training and organizational development;
• compensation and benefits;
• employee and labor relations;
• workplace safety, health and risk management;
• human resources technology solutions (e.g., HRIS systems);
• human resources legal compliance;
• rewards and recognition programs;
• employee communication; and,
• human resources recordkeeping.
The position also serves as a member of the senior leadership team of the agency, and as an internal consultant to supervisors, managers, directors and employees on matters that affect employee performance and organizational results. In addition, the position is responsible for collaborating with the leadership team to build and sustain the appropriate organizational culture to attain the agency’s goals and objectives, and to build coalescence around the agency’s mission, vision and values.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations, Business or related field of study.
• Certification as Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Society for Human Resource Management - Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or Society for Human Resource Management - Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) is required.
• A minimum of 10 years’ previous experience managing a human resources function in a not-for-profit or for-profit organization.
• Previous human resources experience in a union environment is preferred.
For the full job description, please visit https://goo.gl/Gvhpuz
Click here to apply.