Place of Business: Priebe Security Services, Inc.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Employee Relations Manager’s main role is to facilitate and promote a positive relationship with our employees, serve as an ambassador to our employees and a champion of our culture and core values. The ERM develops programs and provides professional guidance to the leadership team in regards to strengthening employee engagement and morale. This position is also responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance, addressing employee concerns, managing performance issues and investigating and resolving conflicts.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for addressing employee relations matters, performance management issues, policy violations, investigating and resolving complaints and/or conflicts to ensure employee interests are addressed and to mitigate risk and minimize legal action.
- Responsible for ensuring that company policies are regularly reviewed, updated and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and employment standards.
- Advise management on current HR related topics and trends.
- Provide guidance and coaching to supervisors and managers on addressing employee behavior, performance concerns and delivery of corrective/disciplinary actions.
- Draft and administer employee corrective actions, performance improvement plans and termination documentation for employees.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for improvement and reducing employee turnover.
- Conduct new employee follow up interviews and employee surveys to obtain feedback and better understand the engagement and connection of our employees to their jobs and the overall culture, values and goals of the organization.
- Identify employee concerns and monitor overall employee satisfaction.
- Make recommendations and develop employee engagement programs. Partner with leadership team in designing and executing activities to enrich morale and employee commitment.
- Develop and promote employee recognition and appreciation programs.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation and onboarding of employees.
- Develop and conduct HR specific training for employees and supervisors as it relates to diversity awareness, harassment prevention, performance management and other HR compliance related programs and policies.
- Assist with recruiting and staffing as needed.
- Proficient knowledge of employment law, wage and hour law, FMLA and EEO laws and regulations, human resources principles, industry best practices, regulations and policies
- Proven coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications and administrative skills with high attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, able to conceptualize and implement innovative plans for employee welfare
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people and establish effective, healthy, and professional working relationships and a positive attitude
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Ability to quickly learn other personnel management software
About Priebe Security Services:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources/Employee Relations experience required
- PHR, SHRM-CP certification preferred
As one of the largest private security companies in Texas with nearly 300 employees, we have prided ourselves on creating an employee-focused culture that includes providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, corporate wellness programs, professional development and career advancement opportunities. Superior customer service and creating a great work environment for our team members are just two of the pillars of our success.
TX DPS #B13087
PRIEBE SECURITY SERVICES, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
Click here to apply.